This board is much more than a simple replacement for the original Dragon power supply solution.
First of all – what will you lose?
- The original RF modulated video output is not present on this board. Does anyone really use this today?
- You will no longer need the white power brick outside the Dragon.
And what do you gain?
- Once paired with a suitable external power supply (see link above), you will gain a much cooler, more efficient power source for your Dragon.
- You will have uprated capacity on the 5 volt rail – up to 2A available.
- The board is configurable to work with all Dragons except the SECAM models – so D32, D64, D200, D200E and Tano Dragon.
- Additional board headers make it really easy to tap into that additional 5 volt capacity – for powering some peripherals – e.g. a Gotek.
- The board can support RGB solutions – although you may need to modify the SYNC line slightly if you need in-line impedance.
Full instructions can be found here, or by clicking ‘Support’ in the menus.