What is the lower case text upgrade?
Based upon the very popular 2019 reproduction of the original Eurohard Dragon 200E lower case board, this new board comes with some additional features, and much more compatibility across the Dragon range.
Whilst the original board provided lower case and accented text in preparation for sale to the Spanish market, as well as an inverse screen display, this new board has in addition, the following features:
- a much smaller footprint enabling fitting into Dragon 32s, 64s and 200s (once MC6847 is removed and socketed).
- support for EPROMs in the 27xx range, from 2732 to 27512 – by jumper settings.
- a broad range of retro character sets supplied as standard on a 27256 EPROM, consisting of:
- MC6847 (for compatibility)
- Dragon 200E character set with accented characters and lower case.
- Dragon 200E character set with accented characters and inverted characters (no lower case).
- Original Dragon 200E accented and lower case character set.
- ZX Spectrum character set with lower case.
- ZX Spectrum character set with inverted characters.
- TI99/4A character set with lower case.
- TI99/4A character set with inverted characters.
There are also several character sets available on a larger ROM image, which can be downloaded and burned to a larger (27512) EPROM, including.
- CGA Light character set with accented characters and lower case.
- CGA Light character set with lower case.
- CGA Bold character set with accented characters and lower case.
- CGA Bold character set with lower case.
The character sets with accented characters are perfect for use with the Dragon 200E BASIC ROM, whilst those with lower case only have been ‘normalised’ for maximum compatibility with the original Dragon 32/64/200 ROMs.