This card delivers exciting new features to your Dragon or Tandy CoCo, bringing its audio and visual capabilities up to 8-10 years further into the future compared to the original launch of the Dragon or CoCo 1 & 2 machines. The card is designed to be as flexible as possible with respect to installation and usage.
Please note that a SCART cable is not included. This is left to the end user, as SCART cables are available in many types, to support different applications. For instance, you can get flat ribbon type SCART cables, which will fit through the gap just above the Dragon’s joystick/cassette port if the motherboard is removed first. The only stipulation is that your SCART cable needs to be fully wired – i.e. 21-pin to 21-pin, and needs to be long enough to reach your SCART-to-HDMI box or TV with SCART input.
Key Product Specifications:
- Supports Yamaha V9958 Video Display Processor (VDP) with 128KB VRAM (expandable to 192KB).
- Yamaha YM2149 Programmable Sound Generator (licensed variant of General Instruments’ AY-3-8910).
- Yamaha YM2413 FM Sound Generator.
- Supports external power supply where required – unless you have a modern power board in your Dragon or Coco, you will likely require (not supplied) a standard regulated wall adapter rated as follows:
- 5 volts @ 1A or more.
- Barrel Jack – 2.1mm or 2.5 mm – centre-positive.
- Supports (where available) Dragon or Coco’s RGB or composite video inputs for automated switching between MC6847 and V9958 display.
- If the MC6847 display is routed through the SuperSprite FM+ board, you will be able to use the YM2149 and YM2413 sound on MC6847 screens as well as on the V9958 screens.
- Supports dual screen operation (MC6847 and V9958 on separate screens).
- Supports two modes of port addressing:
- FF7x – ‘native’ mode – exactly the same V9958 addressing as for the WordPak 2+.
- FF5x – ‘MPI’ mode – fully MPI compliant.